Crea.Conecta.Comunica ~ Create.Connect.Communicate.
What is the Latino Advisory Board?
The Latino Advisory Board (LAB) was created in March of 2011. It is Coordinated by Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems and funded by the Chester County Department of Mental Health/Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities. Its purpose is to conduct a needs assessment, build workforce capacity, identify and implement evidence-based, culturally appropriate programs and continually evaluate the ongoing mental health and drug & alcohol prevention and intervention needs of the Latino community in Chester County.
The LAB serves as a way for organizations in the mental health, education, and public safety/health sectors to participate in the creation and implementation of programs and resources for the Latino communities of Chester County . The LAB also serves as a way to connect organizations to increase communicate, exchanging of ideas and/or issues with one another. New organizations are always welcome to join!
To view this page in Spanish! click here for Latino Advisory Board (en español)
· Identify priority health issues and gaps in services, specifically related to mental health and substance abuse
· Decrease barriers to accessing services
· Develop a comprehensive Strategic Plan and select appropriate evidence-based prevention programs, policies, and/or practices
· Continually evaluate strategic plan and programs
· Connect organizations to communicate and collaborate to best serve the Latino community!
If you would like to participate in LAB or for more information, please contact Chrissie Dziembowski or Juan Tapia.
Christine Dziembowski, Prevention Specialist II
126 East Baltimore Pike
Media, Pa 19063
Luis Benites, Prevention Specialist
920 East Baltimore Pike
Kennett Square, PA. 19348
The LAB is Coordinated by Holcomb Behavioral Health Systems and funded by the Chester County Department of Mental Health/Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities.